There are lots of great clubs at Napier but there is always room for more!
1. Decide on what your group are going to be called and what you want to achieve. This could be any new sport or society.
2. Try to drum up some interest from your friends and classmates or just anyone in the university. Put up a poster with your contact details - if people are interested they will get in touch with their details.
3. Get a list of 10 students for societies, or 15 for sports clubs, and bring this list with you to NSA.
4. Set up a meeting with Katie who will give some advice about how to go about your first meeting, for both content and publicising the event.
5. At the first meeting elect a President, Treasurer and Secretary for the club. Fill out a registration form, lodge it with NSA and apply for funding.
Benefits of Registering Your Club With NSA:
Dan Parker (above) is NSA's Sports & Socs President, and it is his job to promote the many sports clubs and student societies at Napier. Becoming involved in the clubs can open up so many opportunities for you and it will also give you the chance to meet new people and make new friends. If you need any information or advice about any of the clubs, just contact Dan and he will tell you all you need to know.