Name: Kayleigh O'Neill
Running for: Equality & Diversity Officer
Course: BA English
My name is Kayleigh O’Neill and I am a third year student studying English. In my three years studying at Napier I have been involved in societies and events with the hope of meeting and helping others like myself.
I have cerebral palsy and mental illness – you may have seen me rolling around Merchiston! I believe that every student at Napier should feel included and have the opportunity to work as hard as anyone else, no matter their background or abilities.
My goals whilst being your Equality & Diversity Officer are as follows:
- Raising awareness of issues affecting disabled students throughout all campuses – by use of social media and advertisements.
- Work with society committee members to ensure all students feel included and safe.
- Encourage open conversations between students and staff with regards to mental and physical health that may affect your studies.
- Create events for disabled students to meet and socialise – once or twice a month in accessible venues.
- Offer advice to students on matters relating to tackling inequality and discrimination.
- Promote a diverse range of societies and ensure diverse voices are heard throughout the University.
List of Election Candidates