What is Freshers Week?
It’s a week of awesome activities to welcome you to student life at Edinburgh Napier! Freshers Week runs from 8 - 15 September with events held every single day, so there is plenty going on!
Everything kicks off on Sunday 8 September at Napier Fest, which is the place to buy or collect your pre-ordered event tickets and wristbands!
Get a taste of the best nightlife across the city with 7 seven special nightclub events, hosted in the best venues in Edinburgh, such as:
- The Freshers Welcome Party feat. Club MTV
- Foam Party
- Freshers Week Closing Party feat. BassHunter
- plus more still to be announced!
Our Freshers Week Clubber’s Wristband, gives you free entry to all 7 of these club events and saves you loads of cash, but don’t wait too long – they will sell out pretty fast!
To make sure there is something for everyone, we also organise a range of daytime and early evening activities to showcase some of the best attractions that Edinburgh has to offer:
- Edinburgh’s famous Ghost Tours - Delve into the dark history of Scotland’s capital with spine tingling stories told on the cobbled streets of Edinburgh’s old town.
- Harry Potter Walking Tours - Discover the magical locations that inspired characters and scenes in the series and visit the places where JK Rowling wrote the books.
- Escape Rooms - Your team will be locked in a room and the aim of the game is to solve all the puzzles to escape within 60 minutes!
- Pitlochry Highland Games - With many traditional Scottish 'sports', such as 'tossing the caber', a Highland Dancing competition, a parade of bagpipers, traditional food and much more, this spectacular event is not to be missed!
- plus many more!
Don’t miss our Freshers Fair, probably the biggest and best student fair in Scotland! Held on Thursday 12 September, at The Edinburgh Corn Exchange, this all day event showcases the best that student life has to offer with over 100 stalls from some of the biggest local and national brands, bars, and nightclubs.
There are tons of freebies from big names like Amazon, Deliveroo, Pure Gym, Wagamama, Virgin Media and of course as much free pizza as you can eat from Dominoes, Pizza Hut and Papa John’s!
Our Freshers Fair also brings together all of our sports clubs and student societies, so come along to find out what’s on offer and how to get involved! Joining a club or society is a great way to make new friends with similar interests.
We will be announcing our full line-up of events very soon and tickets will go on sale from Thursday 1 August!
Keep up to date with all the latest Freshers Week news on our dedicated Facebook page!
Want to find your classmates and roommates before you arrive? Join our Facebook Group!