University Support for All Students With Disabilities, Long Term Health Conditions or Learning Difficulties
- Assessing your individual needs
- Discussing the necessary adjustments or support for lectures, tutorials, exams, alternative assessments, practical sessions, accommodation….
- Liaising with academic and other staff (with your consent)
- Helping you to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (UK and eligible EU students only)
- Arranging equipment loans
- Offering training in specialist equipment and software
- Helping to get a scribe for notetaking if necessary
- Signposting to useful study tools and other resources within the university
- Continuing support throughout your studies
Library staff will also help with practical matters such as finding books, getting books to your campus, authorising longer loans if necessary.
Contact for an appointment: http://my.napier.ac.uk/Library/Pages/Library.aspx
Library staff also offer study skills support to all students: http://my.napier.ac.uk/Academic-Study-Skills/Pages/Academic-Study-Skills.aspx
if you have a concern which you would like to discuss in confidence with our independent ENSA Advice service, tel 0131 229 8791 or email ensa.advice@napier for an appointment by telephone, skype or face to face.
Our offices are accessible on all 3 campuses. There is a hearing loop in the Merchiston campus advice room.