Applications for the first round of 17/18 Elite Athlete Funding are now open!
Team Napier, in partnership with the University, provide funding for Elite Athletes, who usually train or compete at regional, national and international level. This varies from training camps to youth and senior level representation.Please check the criteria for eligibility & funding criteria before submitting an application. If you think this applies to you, apply now.
- Athletes must be a member of the Edinburgh Napier Students Association Sports Union and have purchased a Sports Union affiliation fee (You can purchase this if your application in successful).
- Funding is available to enable Edinburgh Napier students to participate in their chosen sport at an elite and/or representative level. This usually means a level higher than BUCS and at a national/international level.
- Applications must be specific in breakdown of expected costs and expenses.
- Applications must be submitted by an individual, not on behalf of a team.
- Funding will not be awarded for activities or events that have already taken place.
- Where possible the athlete must compete on behalf of the University in BUCS and / or Scottish Student Sport competitions.
- You have not applied & received funding from another source for the same purpose
Funding can support the following costs:
- Competition entry fees
- Elite Training camps (e.g. GB)
- Travel and accommodation to Competitions/training camps
Funding will not cover:
- Clothing and equipment
- General living costs
- Training fees (regular training)
- When possible be available for ENSA/University promotion (photos shoot, appearances)
- Report back to ENSA with any achievements
- Allow ENSA to keep a development record
- Promote Team Napier where possible (own website/Social media)
If you have any questions regarding Elite Athlete Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.