Don't see a Society you like? Why not start your own!
Any current Edinburgh Napier student can decide to start a society, whatever your idea. ENSA Societies can be about almost anything, some common categories are:
- Academic - bring people from your course together to explore your subject in more depth, hold socials or end of year balls, get external speakers in, or make contacts in your industry.
- Interests - whether you're into horror films, sewing, photography or board games, societies are the best way to meet people with similar interests.
- Cultural - want to share your culture with other students, meet people from a similar background to yourself, or teach people your native language? A cultural society can be a fantastic opportunity to enrich the University experience.
- Politics - bring together people across the University who share your political perspective, raise awareness of a political campaign or idea, or support a political party.
- Skills - get a group together to learn a new skill or share your skills with others. Skills can include anything from bicycle maintenance and gardening, to making films and learning to juggle.
How to Start an ENSA Society
Step 1 - You will need a committee of at least 3 students to take on the roles of President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These people will lead the society, liaise with ENSA, manage finances, and plan events and activities. See the Societies Handbook section on Office Holder Roles for more information.
Step 2 - You will need 10 students who are interested in your society to demonstrate there is an appetitie for the group. These 10 include the committee members. If you are finding it hard to collect 10 names, we will give you one month after the society starts to gather members.
Step 3 - Fill in a Society Starter Pack and submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4 - Arrange a chat with the President for Societies and Community
The deadline for starting a new Society is October 31st!