Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) have created a list of questions and answers relating to higher education funding in Scotland. The list includes help with payments, funding, placements, study abroad and the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).
It is being regularly updated and contains answers to questions like:
- Will SAAS remain open to assess applications?
- Will SAAS remain open to make payments?
- I’ve not applied for this year’s funding yet and the 31 March deadline is fast approaching, will I still be paid?
- I’m now really apprehensive about going to/ going back to college or university, should I still apply for my funding by 30 June?
- My college or university is moving to an alternative course delivery model, will I still receive funding?
- What about my student loan - will this be paid?
- I am about to sit my exams at college/ university, what if these don’t go ahead, will I be funded to sit them later in the year?
- I am concerned about my placement being suspended / not completing my placement before the end of the academic year.
- I am studying abroad and my institution is now suspended, will SAAS cover the cost of my flight home?
Make sure you check the SAAS page for answers to all of these questions and more.