Welcome to Fem Soc - Edinburgh Napier’s Feminist Society!
Do you believe that everyone, regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, age and sexual orientation are all entitled to the same political, social, and economic rights? Then we are here to welcome you with open arms into our friendly community.
We were awarded ENSA’s “Best New Society Award” in 2018, "Society of the Year" & "Team Napier Media Award" for our podcast in 2019 (we were then going under the name "Gender Equality Society"), thanks to our outstanding team of students and the engagement shown by both committee and members.
What do we do?
* Have weekly sessions where we discuss & debate relevant issues
* Release our weekly podcasts 'A Podcast of One's Own' on the topic of our sessions
* Socialise through bar nights, meals out, movie nights, quizzes etc
* Host fundraiser events
* Educate ourselves and each other on why and in which ways patriarchal structures are harmful for all genders
* Engage in campaigns & activism on and off campus
* Work together to make lasting friendships and a be a force of change in society
* Have fun!
What do we not do?
* Expect all our members to already be highly educated on feminism
* Accept discrimination against anyone based on gender, ethnicity or sexuality
* Accept the notion that feminism is beneficial for women only
Whether you’re in third year wanting a new crowd and conversations, or a fresher seeking likeminded people to make friends with - this is the society for you!
To purchase a Society Membership, you will also need to pay the ENSA Societies Affiliation Fee. It costs just £5 and allows you to purchase as many Society Memberships as you choose!
ENSA Active is a discount card that gives you great discounts on Edinburgh Napier University's gym facilities at [EN]GAGE and on healthy food in Enjoy catering outlets across all three campuses.
There are no current news articles.