ENSA 50: Student Experience Action Group
Would you like to meet new people, influence positive change and have a genuine voice in representing students’ interests? Do you want to improve your CV and show prospective employers that you’re someone who gets involved and makes a difference? If yes, then put yourself forward for the ENSA 50!
ENSA 50 is our Student Experience Action Group. It has an important role in supporting and challenging ENSA's Elected Officers (the Student President and two Co-Presidents) to represent the needs of all Edinburgh Napier University students.
The Next Meeting
The next ENSA 50 action group meeting will be held on:
Thursday 2 February, 5-6pm,
B32 Merchiston Campus.
Light refreshments will be provided.
ENSA 50 exists to:
- create and approve policies to be implemented by the Elected Officers
- raise awareness of student issues, share insights and suggest improvements
- address the collective concerns of students and charge Elective Officers with addressing those concerns
- provide a pool of engaged, informed and active student representatives from which the Elected Officers may draw upon to assist with campaigns
- hold the Student President and Co-Presidents to account for their work on behalf of Edinburgh Napier University students.
How is the group comprised?
The ENSA 50 is designed to represent the wide range of students at Edinburgh Napier including undergraduates, taught postgraduate and research students – those studying in Edinburgh and around the world.
Specifically, ENSA 50 is comprised of students from the following categories:
- First year students, direct entrants and international students studying on Edinburgh campus-based programmes
- Students studying online and those studying with Transnational Education (TNE) partners
- Students studying on each of the three main campuses
- Office-bearers in student societies
- Office-bearers in sports clubs
For more information on the group, its remit and membership, please see the ENSA Constitution 2021, section 8.2 and Schedule 3 (ENSA 50).
What’s in it for me?
- A chance to improve your student experience. This is an ideal opportunity to demand better learning and teaching (online and in-person) and more facilities for sports and societies.
- An opportunity to network and meet a wide range of like-minded students who care about their University experience.
- A chance to take part in, or even lead, a student-focused campaign.
- An official certificate as evidence of participation – great for building your CV!
What’s required of me?
- Attend at least three 90 minute meetings during the academic year.
- Be enthusiastic, committed and involved during meetings.
- Check in with your student peers – formally or informally – to find out what matters to them so that you can represent their interests.
How to get involved
You can register your interest by filling out our simple registration form:
Sign Up Here
Once you've joined, be sure to check in to the Moodle group: