'Feel Fab Feb’ is a whole month of mental and physical wellbeing activities for all Edinburgh Napier students and staff, brought to you by ENSA. We have created an amazing programme of events, jam packed with relaxation, mindfulness, training and physical activities to wash away those winter blues!
Remember, all of the events taking place in Feel Fab Feb are completely FREE!
There will also be free fitness classes running all week at [EN]GAGE, Sighthill with a ‘Feel Fab Feb’ card (grab one at any of the below events) - see www.napier.ac.uk/engage
Download the Feel Fab Feb timetable as a PDF.
'Look After Your Mate' Training (signup required)
- Tues 11 Feb (9:30am-12:30pm) @ 2.D.04, Sighthill Campus
- * CANCELLED * Fri 21 Feb (1:30pm-4:30pm) @ H11, Merchiston Campus * CANCELLED *
Come down and learn some great ways to help your friends out if they are going through a tough time. Unfortunately the session on Friday 21 has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Please pre book a session on Doodle - contact G.Moran@napier.ac.uk for more details..
'Coping at University' Workshop (signup required)
- Mon 24 Feb (4-6pm) @ 3/09, Craiglockhart Campus
Feeling overwhelmed by your emotions? Struggling to cope & focus on studies? Is the pressure too much? If so, you might be interested in our Coping at University Workshops. To signup for this free session, visit myfuture.napier.ac.uk or for further info contact email@example.com.
'Sleep Management' Workshop (signup required)
- Tues 25 Feb (12-2pm) @ G4, Merchiston Campus
Lying awake at night? Is your sleep being affected? Is this impacting your wellbeing & focus on studies? If so, you might be interested in our Sleep Management Workshop. To signup for this free session, visit myfuture.napier.ac.uk or for further info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Managing Thoughts and Overthinking' Workshop (signup required)
- Thurs 20 Feb (4-6pm) @ 3.D.11, Sighthill Campus
- Thurs 27 Feb (11am-1pm) @ G23, Merchiston Campus
Stuck in your head? Do you find it hard to escape your thoughts? Mind bringing you down? If so, you might be interested in our Managing Thoughts & Overthinking Workshop. To signup for this free session, visit myfuture.napier.ac.uk or for further info contact email@example.com.
'Self-care: Keeping your sh!t together' Workshop (signup required)
- Thurs 27 Feb (1-3pm) @ G9, Merchiston Campus
Would you like to understand what contributes to maintaining our general wellbeing & happiness? Would you like to feel more fulfilled? If so, you might be interested our Self-Care & General Wellbeing Workshop. To signup for this free session, visit myfuture.napier.ac.uk or for further info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wed 5, 12, 19 and 26 (5:30-6:30pm) @ G9, Merchiston Campus
The drop-in is open to those new to mindfulness or those with prior experience. The hour will involve meditation and gentle movement practice. Most of the session will be held in silence so be prepared to turn off your phones and computers and allow yourself some space to settle the mind and body away from the hub of University activity.
- Tues 4 Feb, 11am-2pm @ Sighthill Foyer
- Tues 11 Feb, 11am-2pm @ Craiglockhart Foyer
- Tues 18 Feb, 11am-2pm @ Merchiston Foyer
Come and take part in the smoothie bike challenge! For just 30 seconds of pedalling you will produce your very own Smoothie. Every Tuesday at alternating campuses!
- Wed 5, 12, 19 and 26 Feb, 2:30-3:30pm @ [EN]GAGE Sports & Fitness Centre, Sighthill Campus
Get yourself down to [EN]GAGE for this free cycling-machine workout session for all levels. Every Wednesday at 2.30pm!
- Friday 7 Feb, 2-3pm @ The Glassroom, Merchiston Campus
- Monday 10 Feb, 3-4pm @ The Glassroom, Merchiston Campus
- Friday 21 Feb, 12-1pm @ The Glassroom, Merchiston Campus
Brought to you by Napier Dance! A fun, Latin-inspired, dance fitness workout that allows all levels to take part. Bring sportswear/footwear to exercise in.
- Mon 10 Feb (12:30-1:30pm) @ Craiglockhart Campus
- Wed 12 Feb (2:30-3:30pm) @ * VENUE CHANGE * - now at the Union Canal (meet at the back of Akva)
- Mon 17 Feb (12:30-1:30pm) @ Craiglockhart Campus
- Mon 24 Feb (12:30-1:30pm) @ Craiglockhart Campus
Come join our Health and Wellbeing team and the Yoga Society on a relaxing walk around the grounds at Craiglockhart Campus. Meet in the main foyer for the stated start time.
- Mon 3 Feb (1-2pm) @ 2.D.03, Sighthill Campus
- Fri 14 Feb (1-2pm) @ The Glassroom, Merchiston Campus
- Mon 17 Feb (1-2pm) @ 3.D.07, Sighthill Campus
- Fri 28 Feb (12-1pm) @ 2/10, Craiglockhart Campus
Come and relax with some Yoga with our very own Yoga and Wellbeing Society – free to participate and open to all levels. Yoga is an ancient form of exercise that focuses on strength, flexibility and breathing to boost physical and mental wellbeing.
Napier Dance Sessions
- Tues 4 Feb (Beginners' Hip Hop Class, 6-7pm) @ Boroughmuir High School
- Thurs 6 Feb (Beginners' Jazz Class, 7-8pm) @ Boroughmuir High School
Napier Dance welcome you to have a taste of the classes they have to offer; including Beginners' Jazz and Beginners' Hip Hop sessions! Come along and try it out for free, no previous dance experience necessary!
Cheerleading Taster Session
- Wed 5 Feb (6-7:30pm) @ Boroughmuir High School
Join the Edinburgh Napier Panthers Cheer Squad for this fun try-out session. No previous experience required!
Jitsu Taster Sessions
- Mon 3 Feb (7-9pm) @ North Merchiston Community Club
- Fri 7 Feb (6-8pm) @ North Merchiston Community Club
Join our very own jitsu club for multiple taster sessions throughout the month. Jiu Jitsu is a defensive martial art, which uses joint locks, throws and strikes to defend a variety of different attacks.
Athletics Taster Sessions
- 4 Feb , 11 Feb , 18 Feb and 25 Feb (all 6-8pm) @ Saughton Sports Complex
Join our very own Team Napier Athletics squad for multiple taster sessions, running every Tuesday throughout the month. If you've ever fancied giving any form of athletics a shot, come along! No experience necessary.
Volleyball Taster Session
- Thursday 27 Feb (8-9:30pm) @ [EN]GAGE Sighthill
Join Edinburgh Napier Volleyball Squad's men's and women's teams for this fun try-out session. No previous experience required!
- Thurs 27 Feb (8-9:30pm) @ Boroughmuir High School
A fun 5-a-side football tournament at Boroughmuir High School, right next to our Bainfield accommodation. No need to have a team sorted, we'll find one for you. Just pitch up and play!
Women’s Hockey Taster
- Mon 24 Feb (6:30-7:30pm) @ George Watson’s College
Ever wanted to try your skills at Hockey? Join our Women's Hockey Club for an open session for players of all levels to come and try out the sport.
- Tues 18 Feb (10am-12pm) @ Sighthill Foyer
- Tues 18 Feb (1:30-3:30pm) @ Craiglockhart Foyer
- Thurs 20 Feb (10am-12pm) @ Merchiston Foyer
Come and meet the Health and Wellbeing Team, popping up on every campus with information about the services they provide for Edinburgh Napier students.
ENSA Info Stalls
- Thurs 6 Feb (11am-2pm) @ Merchiston Foyer
- Thurs 13 Feb (11am-2pm) @ Sighthill Foyer
- Tues 25 Feb (11am-2pm) @ Craiglockhart Foyer
Come and meet your Elected Student Officers! Find out about everything ENSA does for students, get more info about any of the Feel Fab Feb events, and have a chat about any student issues you wish to raise.
- Thurs 13 Feb (12-2pm) @ 2.D.04 Sighthill Campus
Come relax and learn a new skill at our first ever Knitting and Crochet session. Whether you are a seasoned knitter or just looking to learn, this is the event for you.