Are you applying for extra funding, such as the discretionary fund or childcare fund? Follow these top tips for a successful and quick outcome.
- Take time to prepare all of the documents that you will need to include with your application. There will be a list of required documents provided with the application.
- If part of the budget does not apply to you (for example Tax Credits), don’t panic. Just leave it blank or put £0. While it’s important for the budget to be as accurate as possible; we understand that it is an estimate.
- When entering details of your bank accounts, please add a “-“ symbol if you are in overdraft.
- Where possible download bank statements or Student Finance award letters such as SAAS, SFE, SFW or SFNI from the relevant websites. The document must be legible and photos are not always accepted if incomplete or poor quality.
- Bank statements should be provided for all accounts held by you and your partner (if you have one). This includes accounts like Monzo, Revolut, Savings, ISA, help to buy, crypto currency accounts and should clearly show all transactions for 60 days up to the date of application
- Your personal statement is your opportunity to give a full account of your financial situation and reason for application. The information you provide helps us to effectively assess your financial need. You should not use a personal statement from a previous application or copy from another student’s application.
- When you upload documents that have multiple pages please try and merge them into one document, this will aid the funding advisors when assessing your application and allow a faster and more accurate assessment.
- Some applications need to be returned by email:
- Download the application form and complete it electronically, save it as a word or pdf document. A handwritten signature is not required, but remember to type your name and date on the declaration page
- Double check you have completed all fields on the application form before emailing
- Always send your application and supporting documents via your University email address to the email address stated on the application form
- Check your application carefully before submitting. When you have finished, maybe take a quick break and come back to it again to give it a check before submitting. It’s amazing how much that helps you notice any little mistakes that may hold up your application.
- Submit on or before the closing date.
- If your application is successful, please check your payment info carefully. If you have a UK account, your account number will be an 8 digit number and the sort code is 6 digits.
Get more information about the funding options available on MyNapier.