I am studying MSc Computing and I earned my first degree from Coventry University and graduated in Aerospace Technology. I have a keen interest in social & volunteer work and like to contribute to society by taking part in things such as blood donation.
I have actively participated with the students’ association previously and served as Vice President for Representatives and Volunteers last year, and as Campus Officer for Merchiston the year prior. I believe the President’s role is predominantly to represent the voice of students and improve the student experience in University.
My primary aim is to develop the community spirit within our University through working with the representatives, club and society members and the student body in general. I hope to motivate students and engage them to actively get involved in modelling their own student experience.
I am enthusiastic about making sure that ENSA continues to campaign and lead on issues which matter the most to our students such as safety, housing & accommodation, car parking charges and study resources etc.
I am working on projects to get our university towards a Carbon Neutral Phase, through schemes such as bike hire and a gardening club.
I would like to extend my work to increase interactions between our new, returning, transition and international students to promote a better campus culture. I believe improved relationships will improve the social experience as well as the learning practices.
Follow me on Facebook: @napierpres
Things I have done in my first month:
- Welcomed new Student Executive team for 2020/21.
- Sent a congratulatory message to students who graduated this summer.
- Raised the petition to UK parliament to stop 63% increase of NHS surcharge (£300 to £470 for all international students).
- Raised awareness for the BLM movement.
- NSS Results were announced - remarkable turnaround, we rose 91 places in the UK table from 119th to 28th.
- Meeting with University leadership team regarding uncertainty due to Covid-19 for the new academic year.
- Participated in World Nature Conservation Day - 28th July, planted trees & plants to grow food in community garden.
- Had a meeting with the Environmental Sustainability team regarding ways to reduce our environmental impact.
- Planning Freshers / Welcome Week (more details to come).