Hello everyone, I am Nikhil, your Vice President for Sports and Societies. I’m studying an MBA in Leadership Practice and I’m here to make an impact and to keep the scoreboard running. I was a pro cricketer ‘til 2016 and then shifted my focus on to bodybuilding and went on to win the musclemania championship in 2018.
My job is to help, support and to look after all the sports clubs and student societies and represent all of their student members.
I’m working on:
- more student engagement in sports , both competitively and recreationally.
- smoke-free campaign, to help and motivate students to quit smoking for a healthy and better life.
- arranging “consent matters” and responding to disclosure training to all the ENSA club and society committees to end sexual misconduct in and around all our campuses.
- working with SSS (Scottish Student Sport) to help develop our sports clubs and societies and to increase our standards.
Follow me on Facebook
Things that I have done in my first month are:
- Meeting with all the club and society committee members to introduce myself.
- Communicating with the University's well-being officials to help arrange training courses on consent matters and responding to a disclosure to end sexual misconduct on and around all our campuses.
- Meeting with the principal and the staff from different departments to discuss about the sports/societies fair and the availability of resources to support them.
- Meetings with the SSS (Scottish student sport) team to discuss about the development of clubs.
- Meeting with the new BAME society to discuss our plans for BLM and Black History month.