Want to join an ENSA Society? Check out our A - Z of Societies to see what's on offer and buy your memberships.
Student Societies have existed at Edinburgh Napier University since the 1970s. There has always been a diverse student population that has had equally diverse interests and hobbies.
Student Societies are created and run by students themselves with the support of ENSA. Each Society is led by a democratically elected committee, and every ENSA Society is open to all Edinburgh Napier students.
Why join an ENSA Society?
Well there are a number of great reasons!
- Meet new people – Societies are a fantastic way to meet like minded people and make new friends from a variety of backgrounds
- Learn something new – joining a Society is a great way to develop a skill, explore your academic subject in more depth, or discover new perspectives and interests
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle – University shouldn’t be all work and no play, joining a Society is a great way to de-stress and forget your studies for a while
- Develop your confidence – Societies are the perfect opportunity to try something you’ve always wanted to do and throw yourself in at the deep end.
- Improve your CV – activity in Societies, especially if you end up leading one, is a great addition to your CV and will catch the attention of employers looking for self-motivated and passionate employees
- Career development – whether you’re networking with PhD students, meeting with industry professionals, or developing your commercial awareness, Societies can be an valuable addition to your academic course
- Skills for life – teamwork, communication, organisation, leadership, budgeting… helping to run a Society will help you develop essential skills for the future
- Give something back – many Societies choose to fundraise or volunteer for a local community organisation or charity