ENSA is your Students' Association! We work all year round to help you make the most of your student experience, through events, opportunities, representation and support.
From providing a whole host of fun extra-curricular activities, to tackling more serious issues through our campaigns and directly supporting students to navigate personal and academic issues, ENSA works on a huge range of projects and services.
Everything that we do is led by our democractically elected Student Officers, in the best interests of you - the students.
Here is a small selection of things we have been getting up to this year:
Throughout the year, ENSA Campaigns raise awareness of the issues affecting students and our communities.
- Promoting equality and inclusivity through campaigns such as #RainbowLacesDay
- Promoting student safety with our #GetHomeSafe campaign
- Promoting student health and wellbeing with the #ENSAActive Card and our upcoming #FeelFabFeb campaign (more to come on this soon!).
We have been working hard to improve our democratic structures and make sure students voices are heard across the University and beyond.
- Developing a new and improved ENSA Constitution to improve student representation.
- Working to strengthen our partnerships within the University and across our communities.
- Working with students to find out what issues affect them the most.
- Giving all students the chance to become part of ENSA and have their voices heard.
Sports and Societies
Did you know that ENSA supports and administers all of the 69 student sports clubs and societies that make up Team Napier, with over 1850 members?
- Our 44 student societies cater for all types of interests from our African & Caribbean Society to our Whisky Society.
- Our 25 sports clubs offer competitive and recreational sporting opportunities from American Football to Volleyball.
- Our teams have won cups, trophies and 351 points in the BUCS Leagues.
- Our Elite Athlete Programme has awarded over £5000 to support 11 students to compete at national and international level.
From Freshers Week to graduation, ENSA is here to help you celebrate!
- With a full week of events from club nights to ceilidhs, Freshers Week is the only way to kick start your student experience.
- Our annual Halloween event just keeps getting bigger and better, with over 850 guests attending this year.
- The Team Napier Ball is always a highlight of the bringing together over 700 sports club and student society members for an unforgettable night.
- ENSA also works in partnership with the best local venues to make sure you have great social spaces to use.
Advice and Support
ENSA provides a wide range of support for students, from rights and welfare advice in a crisis to training and development opportunities.
- ENSA Advice provided free, confidential and professional advice to over 700 students last year.
- As a licensed centre for The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, ENSA is supporting students to achieve this internationally recognised award.
- Through our Programme Rep training sessions, we give students the knowledge and skills to represent their class colleagues and drive improvements on their course.
- Our residential Team Napier Committee Member training course, help students to grow and develop their sports clubs and student societies giving members the best experiences possible.